Participants will be selected from those individuals who have submitted completed application forms. The NORLI Selection Committee will seek to identify those who are most likely to utilize their leadership abilities for the long-term benefit of our region. When the committee selects each group of 40 participants, it is with an eye toward diversity, so that there is broad representation from a variety of occupational, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, geographic areas, and community interests. The program is not a starting point, but rather a process for men and women who are both acknowledged and aspiring leaders.
All participants must demonstrate:
- A passion for the people and the future of our region and a personal commitment to help shape that future.
- A demonstrated commitment to the community through past and present activities.
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership within their own organizations through significant achievements.
- Residence within the New Orleans area (or with a present employer in the New Orleans area) and a professional commitment to remain in the state for at least the next two years.
- An interest in enhancing leadership capabilities to meet the demands of the 21st century.
- A willingness to commit the time and energy necessary to complete the program requirements, and the full support of their organizations.
- A commitment to supporting the continuation of leadership and trustee development within our region.
Applications for the NORLI Class of 2015 is now closed.